The Sugary and Spicy Side of Me

Everyone uses sugar, maybe to put it in their tea or to make sugar cookies. Each person also uses spices to put in food to add flavor to their sandwiches or their eggs. For me, I have the components of both because I can be really sweet, like an innocent person, but I can also be very spicy as if I was the popular kid with the attitude that everyone loved. The simplicity of being one is boring and can be annoying. The balance is possible to find. I learned that the hard way because I once had too much sugar and everyone used me. Then I tried the spice side, where I did make some enemies, but I was happier and I think having spice while still keeping some of the sugar earned me respect. So while you like me or you hate me, there is no longer a choice that you must admit I have come a long way to know how to use the sweet and rough directions of my personality. The reason I have the spicy side is that I have no fear of being straight with you and speaking the truth, whether you like it or not because I believe, although you may not want to hear something, it sometimes needs to be heard for your sake. People may think I did them wrong, but as a professional wrestler, JBL said, "Cry me a river." because someone had to say it. I just see it as having a necessary kick in the butt. However, the sugar side believes in people and is a man who will take someone under his wing for the right reasons and credentials. I see that humanity is still with us as we will still take time for someone, whether that be a family member or a friend. Although I try to rationalize and keep the sugar and spice side 50-50, I do sometimes go over the top and get drunk on one of the sides by using the sugar or spice side of me too much during an interaction with someone. It has scared some people off, and I want to feel guilty, but I have too much pride to admit it. I see this as conquering and dividing myself so I can use the tools I need to use to keep myself calm so I can get through the interaction, and trust me, just getting through the interaction is the biggest accomplishment of them all. To conclude, I know you might want to run from me because I have too much spice, but why not try to forget about that side and see the sugar in me? So, to summarize, I am not a sugar-crazed guy. I am also not a guy with too much spice in me. I’m the guy who can have both in his system and have a great life with many enemies and peers but no regrets.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 10 Hats

To....

Autism Presented in a Closet