Living In Greene County

 I grew up in a place that is known for sugar cream pie and breaded tenderloins. My town is small, but I wouldn't change it because I get to live the way I wish. The way I wish is with freedom surrounded by hay bales that can make you itch. I see similar Southern traits in us, such as how Southern and Central Indiana love their sports and beer. This is true because downtown Bloomington, Indiana, is known for its dive bars. I will tell you that the women in rural Indiana know how to take care of their men. They see them as their soulmates who fly. The love is more than Jack and Diane's. Not all of this is real, though, since humans can be stupid with tenderness. There are some hillbillies who do not know how to handle warmth. Some fall because of that, but for people who earned trust, they have a community on their back. Unfortunately, first impressions here are permanent impressions as they determine who you are after you arrive in southern central Indiana. Parents here may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but what we do know is love for our children because we see their greatness. Alcohol where I am is common, but its use comes with a price. I see many people seeing that price as beneficial to their problems. If an outsider came here, they would think that we are sad rednecks with alcohol issues. Well, they are wrong, because just because we sip poison into our systems does not mean that we are alcoholics. Have you ever considered that it is the only tool that helps them get through the day? Adults here are teenagers because they cannot discipline. Similar to the children here, some see themselves as entitled. The population of Prince Charmings with great attitudes is slim. They know how to shoot a ball, but I see a lack of respect for others. Rumors here spread fast, but some do not come true. We tend to ignore the sources. There is a type of person we have compassion for, and that would be veterans. Our school has Vetran Day Programs, and Southern-Central Indiana has respect for those who allow them to speak and work freely, and for that, I will always respect my home. I would call my home "a mini music city" because the music genres that people love are diverse. Some love their country, but there are some who are pop geeks. What makes my home stand out is not only the love we have for each other, but what makes me from Greene County is that people here know how to make nothing into something. I wish that visitors who saw those in Greene County were some of the best inventors. Some here are "candy coaters," where they will be nice to your face but then turn around and stab you in the back. I see that Greene County loves their whiskey. Whiskey is almost a vitamin, but Greene County is a conservative community. You’ll fit in here if you are a Republican or Christian. A known attraction here is the Fowler Pumpkin Patch. They turned a pumpkin patch into a small Grand Ole Opry. Greene County is also small with traffic, but don’t make them mad with your road rage. I am proud to be from Greene County because our summers make this area more inclusive and our winters make us more reserved, which makes a good balance. Greene Countyians are also fast learners when it comes to popular dances, which I think shows tourists that we are not uneducated because while some may not know 3 12 x 2 12, there are some who can learn how to do a Cupid Shuffle. We can work it out, maybe not on paper, but with hands-on experiences. Are we destined to lose? I ask this because no one will even see that we are only trying to survive. A con here is that the majority of those in Greene County are the folks here that are unreliable, which baffles me. Some men here only see women for their beauty and do not see what is in their hearts. This is true because I am guilty of this because I have had thoughts of being with some women here, but then I look at what's inside of them. In Greene County, we are adapting to new ways of socializing because face-to-face communication is slowly dying. We are utilizing our social media accounts like the rest of the world, but I do not know if we are aware and careful. I would not be in shock if someone from Greene County sent their zip code. I also see Greene County come together and swarm the person like a tsunami if it is needed. The phrase "Let me know if you need anything." is true here. We also know how to get jiggy with it. This means that we know how to bust a move, and it is great to not feel judged by the way you dance. There are some "characters" here, but not as many as someone would see in New York. If someone is looking for inspiration, they are at the right place because there are people here who have overcome physical and mental challenges. Our school is a tool for that. As I said earlier, there are dysfunctional relationships around Greene County, but what makes me smile is that the other person is not afraid to stand their ground and get out of the situation. There are many taboos around here because this area does not accept those who have mental issues. Are you happy? The answer is here, and you better be because whatever the issue is, I will judge it and pick on it. Every rose has its thorn, but depending on the resume that gets quickly built, they will only look at the rose or the thorn. Another taboo here is that we are brainwashed by social media, but that is not true. Even though we say "yet," there are some who are honors students who do what Tik Tok does. Personal space does not exist here, but affection does. All you have to do is look when COVID-19 is happening. In the battle of Greene County vs. COVID-19, humanity won because we did our best to live normally while grinding down the battle while looking at our family through windows. People here are also not very gracious; they can be very clumsy. I know my family and I are. Greene County likes its food loaded with many ingredients. Young love is overdramatic here. Women think the first man they meet is their permanent soulmate. I understand that it exists everywhere, but it seems like it takes longer in Greene County. What might take 2 weeks there might take 3 months here. Although it is hard to change your reputation in Greene County, it is possible, but it must be shown through your actions and not your words. To change your ways in Greene County, there are no gestures, only statements. I do understand why people turn to religion for help. "I could not handle all of the pain alone." The economy here is not the best because we have people who are poor and have tried to make their residents better, but the effort does not get looked at. I wish Pitbull came to our area because I would see everyone's heart filled with joy, and I know he could bring the Greene County spirit out. I almost feel like the richest person in Greene County because I see houses that are so tiny and are on the backburner. $20 is like $1,000 to me. I do not think that we are the "city that never sleeps," but I think that we are the "city that stays up late." "My bedtime is 9:45 PM." Our summers here are great because it is not too hot, but it is not where you wish it was a bit warmer. I did play baseball for a long time, but like in life, I never hit a home run, but thanks to rejection, I made something out of my life. Six years ago, I said my life was going to change, and I kept my word. What I learned from that moment is that if opportunities do not come to you, you have to make or take them. In Greene County with dating, it is one strike and you are out. After the relationship, the hatred is still there, which is sad since the two ex-spouses might be two great people when there is a middleman who actually has a heart for both sides. However, I see that that is not my business, but the separate relationship that we have created is my business. It is funny how women can go from hating you to liking you. My life consisted of women just wanting attention from me and true, genuine friendships. I still do not know why they chose me. I wake up with the fear that those who are with me will not want to be with me the next day because I have become spoiled milk. It can be described as "a one-night stand," but without the love being involved. I am a night person who went from hating to loving the dark. In the shadows, people leave you alone, and I am not saying that I hate socializing, but there is an opening to hide knowing who I am. I need to hide, but when the light shines bright, this man who loves the dark handles himself well in the spotlight. Aftershocks still occur because I get overwhelmed with the notice I receive since I am not used to it. The attentiveness feels weird in so many unexplainable ways. My biggest piece of advice is to "watch out for others". I say this because some people get away with acts that go against humanity. My acts against humanity are a bit different from society’s definition. One example is pouring water on me intentionally when I have clothes on because I cannot handle it. While the majority of parents in Greene County know love, some do not. They have the old school beliefs since that was once Greene County. I know there are some children in Greene County who want to get rid of the hostility that has been created in their own home. To those who are in that situation, I say it is time to pack up and go make your own life. I will always believe in starting early, and if it makes you more comfortable to do so, then I say go for it. It might even be better to do so for your mental health. Women in Greene County can wield the power of a man because the man is obsessed with her body. After it happens, both parties act like nothing happened, but the word will spread. I would describe myself as the nightmare that is filled with love because, like Lotso, we can be evil, but unlike the antagonist, I am actually genuine, and that comes from Greene County. Have you ever had a nightmare? What about seen one? I have in Greene County. I like the misfits more than the people who have extraordinary lives. Aside from their issues, they are humans and know what it is like to dance with the devil. Why are they called emos? I just see them as humans who need some help in life. I do love Greene County, but living here through my hardships has created a demon in my dreams. It is not a deadly disease, but I thank the demon because he put me together and made me believe that it is fine to be mentally sick and still live a great life. I’ll admit it: I listen to songs that would be considered evil, but they give me reassurance that I am safe. That is the last thing I have Greene County to thank for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 10 Hats

You Thought You Knew Me

To....