Hidden Resentment

 Let me ask everyone this question: what is your past? Is your specific past associated with emotions such as happiness or sadness? For me, the past is associated with pain and self-inflicted punishment. My sentence started after birth. It started because I had a family that stated, "I was unpredictable." While my family was great back then, they did not know what they unintentionally misunderstood. This honestly started the story of an Indiana boy who has and is experiencing the harmful but also helpful path of becoming an accepted human being and not being a person who is based on their background. The hurtful side includes me having to feel the wrath of society and the blaze that society puts on me makes me continuously lose body heat and this hidden injury makes me boil. The anger that I cannot present is hurtful, and the discomfort that I feel makes me want to scream, "Why?" Why is this agony put on me? The harm that has been given to me is like a thousand needles that have been turned into one big shot. That being said, I am glad this needle has been inserted into me. The reason I am happy is that I get to see the true meaning of happiness. I finally get to fly like a vulture and hunt anyone who tries to turn me back into prey. The bridge has officially been built, and I, and others, can cross it to see the value they individually possess. While I know that the pain I feature is gone, it is not long gone. I can not forget about it because it is truly where I came from. The question is, do I look the past in the eye and face the misery I suffered? The answer is no because while it is a wound, it is a scar I cannot lose due to the reminder of the ache. When I see the trauma, it puts in my head the motivation to not go back to who I once was. While I know the old me is dead, the old me does have its respects he can... rest in peace! Now that I know the old me is at peace, I feel free and I get to have the feeling of having true freedom. I now have the soreness and tenderness I felt while having Dr. Seuss books by my side. I now have the guidance to feel the adrenaline while firing his powerful bullets.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 10 Hats

To....

Autism Presented in a Closet